Victorian Architecture is very prevalent in downtown Toronto and thats probably due to the fact that Canada was a British Colony until it obtained its independence from Great Britian (not sure exactly when but I think its sometime in the last 20-30 years). This particular image is on the Northern edge of the University of Toronto Campus (Bloor St.), typically this is a very crowded area during the day and this was right after lunch time. I stood there for a while until I could get a “clear” view, sometimes photography is about practicing your patience 🙂
As an update to yesterday’s post, I just wanted to say who would’ve thought that social media works! Pretty much here is what I did:
– I phoned the on-duty manager and spoke to her in person –> went nowhere with this!
– I emailed the web designer that supported them –> no response, no surprise 🙂
– I emailed Qualcomm Stadium to see if they can help me bring the image down –> no response, no surprise again
– I decided to tweet the courtyard account (on Friday) and asked them to take it down –> no response
– I wrote the blog post yesterday and within 8 hrs of publishing it the image was finally removed.
I don’t know what exactly did it, but I would recommend that you use social media if you go through a similar case. I didn’t over do it so that I don’t water down my “cause” and I think that was key, just speculating though… Enjoy your weekend everyone 🙂