Even though the tourist season is over, the summer hasn’t really ended in San Diego and looking at the weather forecast for the upcoming week its not ending soon either. This is the boardwalk at La Jolla Shores taken back in August, I love those tall palm trees!
This is another one of those La Jolla jewels… not sure how old this house is but must be at least 40 years old. Its a lot bigger than shown here as the wide angle lens effect does its thing 🙂 I went with 70s look with this HDR just to keep the theme as “old”, just trying something a little different. The original image is actually quite clean and I chose to add noise to it to help with the aging effect.
– 3 RAW Images [-2,0,+2 EV] merged into Photomatix
– LOTS & LOTS & LOTS of adjustments in Lightroom!
Canon EOS 5D Mk II, EF 16-35 f/2.8LII @ 27mm , f/9.0 , ISO 200
This was taken at the Laguna Beach lawn bowling club. Even though I don’t understand the game I really appreciate how well maintained the grass is, its just so pretty! I’m really focusing more on composition these days and I thought this was really neet:
– You have the electric box in the bottom right as anchor for the image
– You eyes will guide you through the benches all the way to the Palm tree the splits the two courts, its actually not right down the middle but I tried to move around a few millimeters to help create that effect
– Finally the Palm tree off center to the left balances the electric box in the right.
I really didn’t like the cropped tree on the left but it is what it is… does this work? you like it? feedback is always welcome.
– 3 Raw Images [-2,0,+2 EV] handheld and merged into Photomatix
– Adjustments in LR3 to bring more contrast into the pictures… the HDR process produced quite a flat image for me!
– Noise reduction in PS3 with Topaz Adjust filter set at 40% opacity <– This is a trick that I just picked up recently and its done wonders for me… just never thought of it!!
– One last adjustment in LR3 to bring back some of the shadows.